Popular Posts

Thursday 9 April 2015

Holiday...

Whats app icon was blinking...another message. I tried not to look at my smart phone and concentrate on my senior. Nodding in affirmative was the key and I did just that.

Hi...what's going on

My message inbox hurled out the words at me as soon as senior was gone. The words were shy, staring at me beneath their long lashes just the way it happened in the Himalayas, foothills of Himalayas rather. Fingers ached to reply..and wait for her reply..Come on what's stopping me...

Nothing much.. missing the Himalayan evenings!

Fingers shot back..would it have the exact effect I wanted..it would..this little hide and seek game with a few words can do wonders and I was good at it. I knew what she would be reading into this..and I knew she'd be wanting for more. Well so long..I was winding my day at work and about to leave the office when the phone rang. Just stared at the number I have known so well, few years now...and wondered at my aversion to pick it up...men...we get bored !Mechanically I picked up the call as I headed towards the elevator.

You are out of office... more a statement than question... Good I'll be there in five minutes

Before I could say much, elevator was there in my floor and all of us waiting stormed in , Divya.. my steady girl friend and to be wife..whom I won out of so many contenders in college hung up. I was about to stuff the phone in my pocket..the chirping of whats app message...I knew the sender, my eyes sparkled in delight as I contemplated her next message, before actually opening it!! 

Are you... 

Two words..yes I am missing the Himalayan evenings damn it.. Just before reaching the parking lot I typed in a hurry...

Aren't you...

How long I will continue this nonsense.. my car sped through the evening city traffic.


The Himalayas, where I went exactly... Dalhousie.. a long due holiday with mom and dad. And there I met her, so young.. fresh...travelling with her aunts. Whose idea was to share the cab I don't remember...nevertheless I was very happy..she had this innocence and that small town look..and I was looking for a nice weekend. The mountains of Dalhousie..anyone would fall in love there..and I was just...well I am a man. The same hotel, and as I was sent to knock at their door to inform that cab was ready...I almost stopped breathing as the door was opened by this...morning beauty to say the least. Obviously I didn't remember much of Dalhousie after that...who would...and I knew this Happy-Go-Luckyness of mine is a sure winner..well I had someone like Divya all over me...and this one would be an easy task. Aah I'm not flirty and selfish as I sound, I knew it would happen with anybody...and winning over each woman was a victory..every woman is unique !Three days... I was taken over by Anwesha.. even the name spelled magic. Dalhousie, Chamba, Khajjiar...and I had more of Anwesha, wanted more of her.

Asking her number was easy, yet I fumbled.

In case I send you a friend request...  I had smiled nervously.

It's fun...this texting, waiting for her texts.. and finally I would call her. It isn't a crime... men even women get into such things...few texts and chats, one doesn't feel guilty because of this. That isn't the problem. Did I want Anwesha..

The light was green, and I whisked my car along. When we started me and Divya.. a few years back..there was this magic of love..we longed for each other,we still do may be but that spell is gone..and i wonder after years of togetherness and under the wheel of ' real life'...where we would stand.

Once way back in childhood ,I got a pine sapling from the hills during a school trip. I planted it at our backyard and watered it regularly. It withered after a few weeks

' Pines do not survive at an altitude less than 3000 feet, son. They are made for the hills'   Dad had explained.

Indeed. Some things are made for the hills, for the holidays... they would wither in plains like my moments with Anwesha.

My car took the service road where I could see Divya waiting impatiently as I pressed delete to erase the chats.

No comments:

Post a Comment