Popular Posts

Saturday 4 April 2020

Coffee...?

Coffee...?
I was thinking lunch...
We pondered...
Ok lunch then!
We shot those smileys at each other!
Whilst memories stirred...love,laughter
Togetherness..insane moments
There weren't lost promises...
 Promises there were none

Years between us
Love found and lost
Time won and we were apart
Yet we decided one lunch it would be.
Might be some laughter, some old times
We would hold hands, look into eyes!
Hum some tunes, speak of life
Of diabetes and kidney stones!

Awkward and shy, we met.
Years melted and there were us!
As we were, as we never had been.
We cracked stupid jokes
And laughed and loved
To be back to life by evening!
Like phoenix love rose
Raised her feeble voice...

We were busy, so busy
'Hey listen, listen to me, I'm here!!
I've always been here, listen to me once.'
Your rings of smoke, did pause once...
But we were smart, we called the shots
One lunch and we move on!
We did like always
She did wail..'Listen to me!'

A decade turned upside down
We couldn't answer the questions we posed
She laughed her way into us
'I told you, listen to me'
There was no coffee,only some badly assembled lunch
There were us, decade long us
There was love, gloating over her victory
There were us, whom she left, who left her
And found again!


No comments:

Post a Comment