Popular Posts

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Surprise

Surprise


‘Happy Birthday’ He mumbled switching off the snooze in mobile.

‘Thanks...’  I smiled half asleep.

 He remembers… I opened my eyes.

 I tried to look around…

‘Good Night’ His lids covered his eyes.

My hands searched the drawer beside the bed.

No surprise this year as well.

He has been forgetting after the first year.

Durga Puja

Baba was back from Kolkata. Sandesh for all of us, Sari for grand ma, book for grand pa, a Hot Wheels car for brother, earrings for Ma. I raised my head in anticipation…could sniff the pages of the new Sharodiya Anandamela.

Kakababu, Gogol, Prof Shanku, Feluda …. I breathed in the scent of Durga Puja..

Valentines Day


Illicit affair or so people called I met him in a closed room.

Next morning I got my Valentine’s Day gift.
                                                                                                    
His voice trembled reading the words I had scribbled in the card.

Decades later… pearl necklace was lost and the card was buried amidst heap of papers in a distant country across the ocean.



55 Fiction...  About a gift of love..


No comments:

Post a Comment